Tutorial: How to register and subscribe to Stardust Channel
- ABOUT STARDUST CHANNEL
- ABOUT SUPER★DRAGON CONTENT
- DIRECT LINKS TO SUPER★DRAGON CONTENT
- STARDUST CHANNEL RULES
- INTEGRATION WITH AREA SD
- TUTORIALS (click to jump)
Stardust Channel is a subscription-based video streaming service hosting streaming content of SUPER★DRAGON along with that of other EBiDAN groups. Stardust Channel can be accessed by clicking this link.
As Stardust Channel is a part of the Fanplus network, you can login to the website with an existing Plusmember ID and password. Otherwise, registration for Stardust Channel is fairly easy, and this will net you a Plusmember ID that you can use on any other site on the Fanplus network.
For more information on the Fanplus network and what it means to have a Plusmember ID, please check out our quick guide for all of the details.
ABOUT SUPER★DRAGON CONTENT AVAILABLE TO WATCH ON STARDUST CHANNEL
The SUPER★DRAGON content available on Stardust Channel does not fall into one singular genre; rather, several types of content are available to watch. Most full-length concerts that were not released on Blu Ray are available to watch on Stardust Channel. This includes concerts available on YouTube in digest form, or an otherwise shortened version.
Concerts that feature SUPER★DRAGON performances as well as performances of other EBiDAN artists, such as EBiDAN the Live or Hoshiomatsuri, are available to watch.
Occasionally, special variety series or other miscellaneous content featuring SUPER★DRAGON members will be released through Stardust Channel. If any series features SUPER★DRAGON members, it will appear on their artist page.
Stardust Channel also features the complete library of EBiDAN39&KIDS TV shows and other content. EBiDAN39&KIDS is the former general junior program of EBiDAN, and SUPER★DRAGON members were included in this program before the formation of SUPER★DRAGON in 2015.
DIRECT LINKS TO SUPER★DRAGON CONTENT AVAILABLE ON STARDUST CHANNEL
The following is our compilation of most, if not all, content on Stardust Channel featuring SUPER★DRAGON members. Stardust Channel does not tag SUPER★DRAGON appearances in content showing SUPER★DRAGON members before the formation of the group, so we have tried to link to each video series that shows SUPER★DRAGON members during their activities in EBiDAN39&KIDS.
Please note that the following links will only be accessible once you have already subscribed to Stardust Channel!
- SUPER★DRAGON artist page
- The SUPER★DRAGON artist page contains all SUPER★DRAGON exclusive content plus most content that features SUPER★DRAGON members alongside other EBiDAN artists. This page offers full-length concerts that were not released on Blu Ray, collaborative concerts such as EBiDAN the LIVE, and other miscellaneous series featuring SUPER★DRAGON members.
- Kimagure Danshi (“The Boy of the Day”)
- Kimagure Danshi is a series of short video clips, usually containing little more than a greeting, of one EBiDAN artist every day. SUPER★DRAGON members do appear in this series, although the series is not listed on the SUPER★DRAGON artist page.
- At the time of writing, there is atwitter account announcing the EBiDAN artist appearing in each day’s Kimagure Danshi video. This resource may prove helpful to you in finding videos featuring SUPER★DRAGON members.
- Kimagure Danshi Monthly Top 5
- The Monthly Top 5 of Kimagure Danshi is an accompanying series to Kimagure Danshi showcasing the top “Boys of the Day” from the month, listing their ranking along with a short video greeting. At the time of writing, it seems this series is no longer updated. However, past videos are still available and SUPER★DRAGON members do appear in the series.
- EBiDAN (TV Show)
- SUPER★DRAGON members appear in this series as members of EBiDAN39&KIDS. This full-length TV series covered the activities of EBiDAN’s former general junior program, EBiDAN39&KIDS. There are 5 seasons and 55 episodes in the series. SUPER★DRAGON members appear from the first episode of the series. This series is no longer updated, as the show was discontinued and restructured as “EBiDAN Amigo!” (see below).
- EBiDAN Bomber
- SUPER★DRAGON members appear in this series as members of EBiDAN39&KIDS. This full-length TV series covered the activities of two special units from EBiDAN’s former general junior program, EBiDAN39&KIDS. There are 2 seasons and 26 episodes in the series. SUPER★DRAGON members appear from the first episode of the series in all segments showcasing the “DOQRO Dancebilly Project” unit.
- EBiDAN Amigo!
- SUPER★DRAGON members appear in this series as members of EBiDAN39&KIDS until the formation of SUPER★DRAGON, after which they appear as SUPER★DRAGON members. This full-length TV series covered the activities of EBiDAN’s former general junior program, EBiDAN39&KIDS. There are 14 seasons and 156 episodes in the series. SUPER★DRAGON members appear from the first episode of the series.
STARDUST CHANNEL RULES
Stardust Channel content is considered available to currently paying subscribers only. Redistribution outside of Stardust Channel is strictly forbidden. If it is discovered that a subscribed user has shared contents of Stardust Channel on other websites or social media, that user may have their subscription limited or revoked. Continued abuse may result in your Plusmember account being terminated.
We at Nine Dragons encourage the following protocol:
- Abstain from downloading or otherwise recording Stardust Channel content and re-uploading on file sharing sites for open re-distribution to the public.
- Abstain from sharing content from Stardust Channel in any form on social media accounts, such as Twitter. This includes screenshots as well as video clips.
- Abstain from sharing content from Stardust Channel on personal YouTube accounts or other publically visible video streaming services.
Abiding by these rules will ensure that everyone can enjoy SUPER★DRAGON and subscription content fairly. If you do not agree to these rules, please refrain from using Stardust Channel services.
Additionally, we would like to remind everyone that all content on Stardust Channel is available only in Japanese. There is no English translation available. You are welcome to use your own basic translator service, but there is no guarantee of an accurate translation. Nine Dragons does not plan to translate any Stardust Channel content, even for verified paid members, at the current time of writing.
Subscription to Stardust Channel requires a debit or credit card. Any card you have used to shop online successfully should work fine. If you have any doubts, we would advise you to contact your local bank to ensure the transaction will be processed normally.
The cost of subscription is 400 Japanese Yen per month, not including the 10% tax on Japanese goods and services. There are no additional fees or one-time costs. The fee covers usage of the entire library and is not limited to just SUPER★DRAGON contents.
INTEGRATION WITH AREA SD
AREA SD (the SUPER★DRAGON official app) registered members will enjoy the additional benefit of SD Points awarded to your account when you subscribe to Stardust Channel as well. The benefit is 100 SD Points for every month you are dual enrolled. The benefit is only available to AREA SD members enrolled in paid membership.
If you are a paid member of AREA SD, you must subscribe to Stardust Channel with the same account you have enrolled in AREA SD in order to receive the benefit.
If you have enrolled in Stardust Channel subscription before subscribing to AREA SD, you will not receive the benefit until the next month that you are simultaneously billed for both AREA SD and Stardust Channel. For this reason, we recommend all who are interested in dual enrollment to enroll in AREA SD membership first.
The screenshots that accompany this tutorial were taken on a computer. Some steps of the tutorial may look different for those accessing through mobile.
Click on any of the screenshots below to view them in a new window in full size.
PART ONE: PLUSMEMBER ID REGISTRATION THROUGH STARDUST CHANNEL
If you have previously registered an account on any of the following:
- AREA SD (SUPER★DRAGON Official App)
- Stardust Bin
…please use the same login information from that account, and proceed from part 2 of the tutorial.
Start by going to the Stardust Channel website here . It should look something like the page below. Go to the button we highlighted in the picture and click on that link to be taken to the new user registration page.
After you click that link, you should be taken to a page that looks like the one below. The infographic tells you about all of the features of Stardust Channel we have already outlined in this tutorial, as well as letting you know of their official smartphone application. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the large pink button to continue.
If you do not have a Plusmember account, you should navigate to the second section on the following page. Clicking from here will prompt Stardust Channel to send you an invitation to register via email. There are two buttons, one pink and one grey with a pink outline. The pink button will launch your computer’s default mail client.
We will opt for the second button in this section for the tutorial, entering your email manually, since that will look the same for everyone!
Click the button highlighted below.
Enter the email address that you would like to use to register for a Plusmember ID in the given field. Press the pink button to submit.
The following page will simply notify you that an email was sent to the address you typed in. No further action is required on this page.
Go to your email, and you should see an email from Stardust that looks like this. Click the given URL (with “stardust” in the link) to complete registration.
The link should have brought you to a page like the one below. Type in your desired password, retype the password to verify there is no mistake, and press the pink button to submit.
After you have submitted a successful password, you should be brought to a page like this. The yellow and red “warning” style text is nothing to worry about! It is simply informing you that you haven’t completed your payment information yet. In order to access any part of Stardust Channel, a subscription is required. To continue with the subscription process, click the pink button highlighted below. Be sure that the text in your button matches the highlighted button in the picture, which is for card payment.
From here, skip to to part 3 of the tutorial.
PART TWO: LOGGING IN TO STARDUST CHANNEL WITH A PLUSMEMBER ID
If you are not logged in after registration, or you are just now beginning this tutorial with your already registered Plusmember ID, start at the homepage of Stardust Channel.
Click the button highlighted below.
On the following page, put in your Plusmember ID, or the email you used to register, along with your password. Press the large pink button to submit.
If you are not yet a subscriber of Stardust Channel, you should see a page like the one below. The yellow and red “warning” style text is nothing to worry about! It is simply informing you that you haven’t completed your payment information yet. In order to access any part of Stardust Channel, a subscription is required. To continue with the subscription process, click the pink button highlighted below. Be sure that the text in your button matches the highlighted button in the picture, which is for card payment.
PART THREE: COMPLETING SUBSCRIPTION TO STARDUST CHANNEL
Whether you’re subscribing a newly registered account or logging in with your pre-existing Plusmember ID, you should now be at this page below. Input the information from your credit or debit card in the fields as we have marked. Press the large pink button to go to the next page once everything is filled out.
On the next page, you can confirm that you have entered your card information correctly. If everything looks good, press the large pink button to submit!
The next page asks you to complete your registration information. The yellow and red “warning” text simply informs you that all fields are required. Fill out the information as we have outlined below. Your nickname is not very important, but please refrain from using any inappropriate words or terms.
It is required to put your area of residence within Japan, but this information is not important. You don’t have to live in Japan to use this service, and this information is likely for statistic use only. You can choose any option in the final menu except the first one, which says “Choose below” in Japanese!
When you are ready, click the large pink button to submit your profile information.
If all has been successful, you will see a page like the one below. Welcome to Stardust Channel! Go back to the main page by clicking the pink button once again.
PART FOUR: NAVIGATING STARDUST CHANNEL CONTENT
Once you have subscribed to Stardust Channel, clicking an event’s thumbnail will take you to that video series’ page. We would like to further detail some information about video pagination and tracklisting on Stardust Channel so that subscribers can easily find all the videos available.
Scrolling further down the series page will take you to the video tracklisting. Most concerts are split into a few parts, so if you cannot find this menu, you may be wondering where the rest of the concert is!
Additionally, tracklists are grouped by pages. Each video series’ page should include a small menu like the one highlighted below. Clicking on this video will bring up all available pages of one event, such as individual days of a concert or a concert’s making. Clicking from the dropdown menu will reload the tracklisting with videos from that page. Each page has completely different videos, so it is advantageous to click each page in the menu if you would like to see all videos from an event or series.
Some information has been compiled with the help of other fans’ experiences and may not be up to date. Please mention us on twitter @ninedragons_net if any problems arise when following this tutorial, and we will try to help as much as we can.
Have fun watching, and let’s all have fun supporting SUPER★DRAGON!